Monday 16 July 2012

Hear Me Out!

Only a few days after getting Hagane back from the spray shop, I finally managed to get my hands on one of the two legal mufflers for my generation of the Toyota Vios In Singapore. This exhaust was developed by Toyota Team Europe (TTE) and offers a mild yet enjoyable upgrade in exhaust sound.
 (On top: the TTE muffler, bottom: the stock muffler)


A couple of hours after getting it, I jacked Hagane up and got busy underneath. Changing the muffler is a relatively straightforward job, which consists in un-tightening the clamp linking the muffler to the pipe and sliding the exhaust out of the rubber support brackets. WD40 or any other lubricant is highly recommended there, and will make the job a breeze.

The TTE exhaust fits perfectly in the stock support brackets and after tightening the clamp back, I lowered Hagane and enjoyed the more baritone tune of the new exhaust - and loved it!






No comments:

Post a Comment