Tuesday 7 June 2011

Forty-four drivers confirmed for VIP Formula Drift Singapore 2011 Presented by Achilles Heels








Spectators are in for a treat this weekend with top cast from ASEAN and the world

A stellar line-up of 44 drivers have been confirmed for this weekend’s VIP Formula Drift Singapore 2011 Presented by Achilles Heels, hailing from the best in ASEAN and internationally. Held at the F1 Pit Building on 11 and 12 June 2011, the fourth edition will see champions and top drifters go neck-to-neck for the champions title on the first leg of Formula Drift 2011 Asia Pro Championship.

Defending Champion (Singapore) and Formula Drift 2010 Asia’s Overall Champion Tengku Djan had pulled out due to last minute technical issues with his car, leaving it to anyone’s bet on who will take the title this time.

Saranon, champion of Formula Drift Thailand 2010 and longtime rival of Tengku Djan will be one of the top contenders for the title this year in Singapore. Organizers had a quick Q & A with him today before he flies out to Singapore:
 
Saranon Q&A
Q: Is this your first time in VIP Formula Drift Singapore 2011 Presented by Achilles Radial?
A: Yes, this is my first time competing in Formula Drift Singapore. I have been to Singapore before but never to drift.

Q: How do you feel about your chances in this year’s VIP Formula Drift Singapore 2011 Presented by Achilles Radial?
A: I am really excited at being part of the competition this year in Singapore. I am looking forward to competing against drift drivers from not only Asia but also Japan and USA. It will be good to test my skills against international stars such as Daigo Saito. I will try to do my best this year and will be hoping to score a podium placing in the race.

Q: How would you rate your last season?
A: I actually achieved what I expected from myself last year. I wanted to be champion of Formula Drift Thailand and I managed to achieve that. I only took part in two out of the three races in Formula Drift Asia last year, Malaysia and Thailand and missed Singapore. Last year I came second in the overall championship, so this year I hope by competing in Singapore I will get to win the 2011 championship title.



Q: How do you feel about the defending champion and your closest rival Tengku Djan not taking part in this year’s competition?
A: I was hoping to see him there this year. I am very disappointed to hear that he will not be competing in the competition. Every champion wants to beat the best and I was looking forward to having a close fight with Tengku, he will be missed as he is a good driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment