Thursday 20 January 2011

The art of going sideways

Last weekend; I attended the Drift Clinic organized by D Experience. To me car events are really what get my blood pumping, and the opportunity to stick my nose under the hood of these beauties, and to talk with the drivers (when they have some time to spare) makes my day.

Of course things could be even better if I could bring my own car there and join the pack on the black top, but unfortunately I don’t have wheels yet (note: that’s something to get asap… just a little bit more patience, I can do it!).

So I did what I could with my camera, trying to catch a bit of the action to share with the world later – I apologize, I’m as good with a camera as Robert Pattinson is at being a good actor, so the shots are really not that good.

And at one point I actually wondered: “for someone who doesn’t has C16 (racing fuel) running in his veins, drifting must actually seem boring, no?” I mean, looking at loud cars going round and round on a small track marked out by cones, while making a lot of smelly, dirty smoke must seem to be a bit pointless. Why do people even do it? – I have to admit, it was real torture to try and think that way…

Then I got in the passenger seat of Adam, from Team Stamford Tyres. He stepped on the accelerator and took me for a ride, and suddenly I had the answer to my question: people do it for the rush of adrenalin, the speed, the fun, and that very unusual feeling of going sideways in a car. I tell you, it’s totally worth it!
I actually filmed each of the three runs I was sitting in the passenger seat, but the filming doesn’t do justice to the feelings you get while drifting.

Here are the videos, from my youtube:
Run 1


Run 2


Run 3


So honestly, if you have the opportunity, take a ride in a drift car, I promise you won’t regret! And who knows, you might just get addicted too!

No comments:

Post a Comment