Thursday 20 January 2011

Brabus Showroom Launch

For those of you who don’t know Brabus (shame on you), it is a German tuner brand that specializes in Mercedes. Well, not any tuner, they are the World’s number one tuner.

If you regard AMG, Mercedes high end sports line as the crown on the head of Mercedes, Brabus is the jewel at the top of the crown. Nothing less.

I personally have a quite bad relationship with Mercedes; so far my experiences with their rides have been less than enjoyable. Heavy and underpowered, along with slow, very slow slushboxes that have made me angry with the Bavarian brand. Maybe I haven’t tried the “good” models, but as a lambda consumer, I am not satisfied.

Then comes in Brabus. I have to say, the refinement of their models is top notch both inside and outside. Honestly, the tuner is helping me warm up to Mercedes a little, but at the same time, a Brabus is a Brabus and a Mercedes is a Mercedes, so I don’t really know if it would help me get a better image or Mercedes…

That aside, I believe the launch of the first fully built Brabus cars in Singapore means a lot for the automobile market in Singapore. Up until now, the only company carrying Brabus was Autovox, but only as aftermarket options. The First Automobile Showroom specializes in selling fully built Brabus only. Meaning that if you own a Mercedes and want to upgrade to have Brabus features, you will still have to go through Autovox (I’ve seen their work, these guys are good!), but if you want to buy a ready made Brabus car, that you can just sit in and drive away on the spot, you will have to go to First Automobile.

The importance behind such a showroom is that the Singapore market has been assessed as viable by the World’s greatest tuning brand to come in fully fledged with a showroom. Finally, Singapore is coming up in terms of automobile recognition! One thing tho, we must keep it going!

Now all I hope is that I can get to drive one of Brabus’ monsters… *Crossing fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment