Thursday 20 January 2011

Bugatti is French!

I just discovered today while doing some research that Bugatti is French!

This supercar manufacturer, currently owned by the German Volkswagen, is well known for the only model in its fleet (if I can call it a fleet): the Veyon, the fastest production car in the World.

To me it had always been logical that this brand, founded in 1909 by Ettore Bugatti, an Italian nationalist, would be Italian… Well it happened that Mr Bugatti founded his car manufacturing company in Molsheim, in the North East of France.

Logically, as the company was registered in France, it is then considered as French, even if its blood is Italian.
The manufacturer of the fastest production car on Earth is French! I can hear La Marseillaise (the French anthem), national pride is overwhelming me! No not really actually…


Then again, Bugatti being French might already be common knowledge and I might be the last one to learn this…

No comments:

Post a Comment